Criminal Defense Practice Areas
Mastro, Barnes & Stazzone P.C. defends clients from a wide variety of felony and misdemeanor criminal charges, traffic offenses, sexual assault, and more.
Colorado has severe penalties for driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. A DUI is classed as a BAC of .08% or more, but DWAI is a lower threshold that is still against the law.
Making, selling, purchasing, possessing, and using illegal drugs in Colorado can result in a range of Drug Offenses. While Colorado is a pioneer in the legal use of cannabis, there are still many laws relating to growing, distributing, and using Marijuana that you should understand before assuming that you can safely buy or sell as you wish.
Misdemeanors and Traffic Offenses
Traffic offenses can fall into many different legal titles, and each carry their own potential fines, jail sentences, and other consequences.
- DUI: Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both is a serious crime in Colorado, and the consequences include fines, imprisonment, loss of driver’s license, and community service.
- DWAI: Driving while ability impaired refers to a BAC between .05% and .08% and usually carries a less severe penalty than a DUI.
- Habitual Traffic Offender (HTO) and Driving Under Revocation (DUR): If you violate your driving license revocation, you can be considered a habitual traffic offender in the eyes of the law and punished by serving up to 18 months in jail.
- Hit and run: If you injure someone from behind the wheel of your vehicle, leaving the scene makes the crime exponentially more severe. To avoid an extremely harsh sentence, review your options with our legal team.
- Reckless driving: Talk to our lawyers for assistance clearly explaining a reckless driving charge in a way that tells your side of the story as a defense.
- DMV hearings: Our lawyers can help you prepare for any DMV hearing, ensuring you present your best case for a positive outcome.
- Domestic violence: We ensure that anyone charged with domestic violence receives a fair trial to present his/her version of events clearly to the police or before a jury.
- Theft or shoplifting: This charge can cover a wide range of tampering or taking property that isn’t yours. That’s why you need lawyers who can help you understand the legal differences for your best defense.
- Criminal mischief: This term usually refers to various form of intentional property damage, or vandalism. From graffiti to destruction of private property, this charge can range from relatively minor to severe for a repeat offender.
- Prostitution: Prostitution charges include soliciting sex, purchasing or engaging with a prostitute, or intimidating anyone (including children) into prostitution. Some instances may be misdemeanors, while the most serious are Class 2 felonies.
Mastro, Barnes and Stazzone P.C. also defend people in Municipal Courts including Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Brighton, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Centennial, Cherry Hills, Commerce City, Denver, Englewood, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree, Northglenn, Parker, Sheridan, Thornton, Westminster and Wheat Ridge Colorado.